Thursday, March 14, 2013

Acorn Slippers

I have never really been much of a slippers person at all. I honestly don't like things on my feet and would prefer to just wear socks. I also do not like carpet (dont worry I am going some place with this). When we had our house built we decided to only put carpet in the bedrooms and put tile and hardwood every where else. Needless to say my feet get cold now and the only time of slipper I have ever liked are the ones that look like socks. I had a pair from Old Navy a long time ago and one of our dogs destroyed them. So I started my hunt for some slippers that would keep my feet warm and not annoy the crap out of me. I found some Acorn slippers on Zappos read the reviews and decided what the heck the worse thing could be is that they are itchy. 

I honestly did not have my hopes set very high at all on these slippers to be quiet honest with you. I felt like I was going to be over paying for some itchy wool sock slipper and they were going to be mega ugly. Boy was I wrong. I LOVE these slippers they are amazing they keep my feet warm, not itchy and are actually pretty dang cute. They are so much more durable than I thought as well the leather soles is actually made out of real leather. I have worn these for the last 2 months pretty much straight, they are that amazing. I have put them in the washer and hung them to dry and still amazing. Not a change at all. The best thing is that over time they become shaped to your feet. 

The only downside is that I read the reviews on Zappos and everyone said that they ran small so order the next size up. So I did I normally wear an 8 so I ordered the size 7 1/2-8 1/2 they are a tad bit too big. I wish I would've ordered the 7-8 but after 5-10 years of wearing these bad boys I'll just order a new pair and get the correct size. So I would suggest not ordering a size or half size up from what you normally would wear. In my case it did me no good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment